Sunday, March 2, 2014

26 Weeks

How far along? 26 weeks

Weight gain? My belly is still measuring in at 41" and the scales at my appointment showed a weight gain of 27lbs

Baby is the size of - a head of lettuce

Stretch marks? No signs of any as of yet *insert sigh of relief*

Sleep? Sleep was just okay this week and getting up was beyond rough.  I worked in the office this week so stiffness and soreness from sitting upright in a desk chair for 9 hours really took a toll on me by the end of the week making everything uncomfortable.

Miss anything? Adderall, yes I said it, I miss my Adderall.  I've been beyond distracted this week and I'm sure that's it's only going to continue to go downhill as it gets closer to due date!

Cravings? Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.  The fact that Easter candy is now out in full force on the shelves in the stores might have a lot to do with this though.

Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope!

Symptoms?  Just the painful broken crotch.  Ouch!

Belly button - in or out? My belly button is still confused this week.  Sometimes it's in sometimes it's flat.

Wedding rings - on or off? They are still on!

Any movement? After this past week I'm certain that I'm having an acrobatic circus monkey instead of a human baby!  Nonstop, day & night!

Happy or moody? I've had yet another happy week!

What emotions have you been experiencing this week?  I psyched myself out all week over that dang ole glucose test that I had to take on Friday.  I was a wreck I had myself so worked up over it.

Looking forward to -  Finishing up the paint and laying the carpet in Jaxon's room!  It's looking so good and it only has one coat of the first color on the walls and we are already thrilled about it!

Week 26 Fun Fact - Jaxon's hearing system is now developed and completely formed.  Guess we can start reading him books now and letting him listen to some music! His eyes are almost fully formed.  Did you know that all babies have blue eyes in the womb, no matter what their genetic inheritance?  A baby's eyes don't get their final color until a few months after they are born.  Personally, I wouldn't mind if Jaxon kept his blue eyes, his daddy sure does have some pretty blue eyes!  The air sacs of the lungs will also be developed by the end of this week!




*I do not own this photo*
Credit http://azizanurmatova.blogspot.com/2012/01/bodies-exhibition.html
Just reading all of the fun facts for this week gets me excited!  Our little boy is making leaps and bounds in terms of development!  It's absolutely amazing how quickly babies develop in the womb.  It makes me think back to our first trip to Vegas.  We went to The Bodies Exhibition they have a special "in the womb" section that you can go through if you chose to.  I won't lie, it wasn't a "well duh" decision for me.  I was unsure how I felt about seeing these unborn babies but we decided to go in knowing that we could bolt the second either of us became uncomfortable.  Knowing that none of the babies were taken via abortion took the unsettling and heavy feeling away.  All the fetal specimens in the exhibit perished in utero due to complications in the pregnancy.  We were absolutely fascinated seeing the changes from week to week that a baby goes through while developing in the womb.   Some weeks I get a little down on myself because I feel "lazy" and I don't have the energy to do much but if you look at what my body is really going through and doing, I'm simply amazed!  Hey, this weeks my body has finished developing a complex hearing system and well as developed air sacs in my baby's lungs!  What has your body done this week?


Even though John was gone Monday through Thursday night, it's been a busy week in our household.  I worked in the office this week.  It was the first time in weeks that I had been into the office to work.  It was shocking to several just how much my bump had grown!  I was supposed to work 4 days in the office but ended up having to work the final day from home.  Three days sitting in a desk chair and not being able to stretch out was too much for my broken crotch for 9 hours so luckily they were understanding enough to let me finish my week via teleworking.  Friday was the dreaded day, the glucose test…needles…ICK!  I hate, hate, hate needles and I was beyond dreading this appointment.  Everyone always talks about how bad the drink it but I was sweating bullets over the blood work!  I really don't see why everyone has such a hangup over the drink anyways, it wasn't bad.  To me it tasted like the orange flavored Dasani water drops.  Call me crazy but I didn't even think it was sweet.  But this comes from the girl that craves sugar and Dr. Pepper…..

Jaxon's walls have some color after this weekend, we have our two coats of grey on the walls and they look fantastic!  It's such a sporty grey, if there really such a thing as sporty grey?  If not, I'm declaring that yes, there is and it's painted on Jaxon's walls! So excited to get the red wall complete and to get the carpet laid, it's going to look awesome I have no doubt! 









We also worked on the china cabinet this weekend as well.  This is a family heirloom that needs some TLC and restoration but we decided to hold on off on the restoration part until after Jaxon is a couple years old.  As I've said before, I'm a realist, we know that having a baby/toddler that will be in a walker and hammering on things in no time that the cabinet is just going to get banged up and require restoration once again.  So with that in mind, we are just going to get it cleaned up and looking as sharp as possible for now and we will have it completely restored in a couple years.
















No comments:

Post a Comment