Sunday, March 9, 2014

27 Weeks….Hello Third Trimester



How far along? 27 weeks

Weight gain? Haven't stepped on the scales this week.

Baby is the size of - a cauliflower  

Stretch marks? No stretch marks but the cellulite on my thighs and rear is seriously getting beyond ridiculous

Sleep? Sleep was pretty good at the start of week 27 but the past two nights I've been stiffening up pretty bad and it's painful to move which in turn, wakes me at the slightest movement during the night.

Miss anything? A selection of bras.  Yes, you read that right, I miss having a bra selection!  I've outgrew all my pre pregnancy bras and it's now slim pickings in the undergarment selection.  Nothing makes you feel more attractive than a nude bra worn almost daily *sigh*

Cravings? I haven't really craved anything this week.

Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope!

Symptoms?  The beyond painful broken crotch.  Ouch!  And major heartburn this week.

Belly button - in or out? It's been more flat this week than in

Wedding rings - on or off? They are still on!

Any movement? He's still kicking hard and strong!  Lots of kicks and it cracks me up that he's got such a personality already.  The slightest touch in "his" area and he starts kicking you away!  He's woke me up a few times when I've been sleeping on my side with my arm laid against my belly because he's been trying to get me to move it!

Happy or moody? I've had yet another happy week!  I found out I passed my glucose test and John got an offer for a great job opportunity this past week so it's definitely been happy!

What emotions have you been experiencing this week?  The whole reality of it all is setting in as we entered the third and final trimester, next phase is us being parents to a newborn… ekkkkk!  I'm excited and terrified all at the same time.  We are looking forward to it though and cannot wait to meet our little mister! This past week John read him his first book before we went to bed.  Yes, my heart melted like butter!  He's going to be the best daddy ever!

Looking forward to -  Our 3D/4D ultrasound that is scheduled for this coming Friday!  We are so excited to get a detailed peek at our little man!  Also, the room is coming along wonderfully!  I'm so in love with it and there's still a lot of work to be done!  The colors are on the wall, next up is carpet!

Week 27 Fun Fact - Sweet dreams little Jaxon!  Some experts believe that babies begin to dream by week 27.  What do they dream about?  No one knows for sure but his brain is certainly active now.  The characteristic grooves on his brain's surface is starting to appear and more brain tissue is developing.


This past week was a hard one for our family.  My cousin Michelle would have turned 32 on Saturday, March 8th.  Her life was tragically taken from us on September 13, 2012.  It's a night that I will never be able to erase from my mind.  On Saturday, our family and friends met at the location of the wreck to celebrate her birthday.  There was a dove release as well as a balloon release followed up with birthday cake.  Below I've added some imaged from Saturday as well as a link to a video I created from a lantern ceremony we previously had marking 1 year since her death.
Lantern Ceremony Video
Here are a few photos from Saturday…..



No comments:

Post a Comment