Sunday, March 23, 2014

29 Weeks

Loving the paint on Jaxon's walls

How far along? 29 weeks

Weight gain? 32lbs as of last week, I didn't get on the scales this week..  My "waistline" is now 42 1/2"

Baby is the size of - a butternut squash

Stretch marks? None!  Yay!

Sleep? Sleep has been hit or miss this week.  I've felt exhausted all week.  I'm not sure if it's due to the pregnancy or just trying to adjust to John's new work schedule.  He's working 2nd shift so it's hard for me to fall asleep before he gets home.  This will definitely have to change this week because I'll be going into the office this week which means I'll have to wake up much earlier to get ready and get there.

Miss anything? Nothing new to add to the list this week

Cravings? Fruit, guess if I'm going to crave something fruit is a good thing to crave.  Although today, I inhaled a bag of swedish fish and I'm resisting the urge to go out and buy another bag!

Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope!

Symptoms?  Loss of energy, I seriously feel like I've re-entered the first few weeks of pregnancy again.  I feel exhausted and the desire to do anything really takes effort this week.  I feel so worthless somedays hope this phase passes.  Acne has decided to make it's horrid appearance on my face yet again.  Where in the world is that "beautiful pregnancy skin" that is promised in everything I've read?!? Apparently, my skin completely missed out on that memo….ugh!

Belly button - In or out?  Flat with a couple wonky areas that are starting to poke out.

Wedding rings - on or off? They are still on!

Any movement? They said at this point he should be falling into sleep patterns.  Honestly, I don't think he ever sleeps, he moves nonstop!

Happy or moody? It's been a pretty happy, yet exhausting week.

What emotions have you been experiencing this week?  Happy, sad, terrified, every possible emotion you can have I think I've had it this week!  The reality is setting in that the weeks ahead is on the verge of being in the single digits!

Looking forward to -  Our two baby showers!  Not only is my family throwing a baby shower for us but work will be having a joint shower for me and my coworker in the coming weeks as well!  I'm really looking forward to it!

Week 29 Fun Fact -  Jaxon's adrenal glands are producing a chemical which will be made into estriol (a form of estrogen) by the placenta.  The estriol is thought to stimulate the production of prolactin by your body and the prolactin makes you produce milk.  So even if he comes early, I'll still be able to breastfeed.

This week went so much smoother than last week.  I worked every day from home with my feet propped up on the couch, which in turn led to absolutely no swelling this week!  Thank God!  I was so worried after last week that swelling would be part of daily life from here till the end of pregnancy.  It's so nice to know that it's not and that I only have to be cautious and worried about the swelling during my in-office work weeks.

John started his new job this week.  So far, he's really enjoying it!  It's been an adjustment for me and him both since he's working 2nd shift.  It's hard for me to get in the mindset that I NEED sleep and that I can't go to bed when he goes to bed.  Even though I'd be in bed by the time he got home, I was rarely asleep because I wanted to know how his evening went.  Which I'm sure is mostly to blame for my exhaustion this week!  I definitely miss him not being here, especially at supper time since we usually cooked dinner together nightly.  It was nice having him home to talk to during my workday though!

We got our baby shower invitations done and sent out this past week.  Here's a picture of the invitations!


No comments:

Post a Comment