Tuesday, May 6, 2014

35 Weeks

How far along? 35 weeks

Weight gain? 40 lbs as of last week

Baby is the size of - a small roasting chicken

Stretch marks? None! Yay!

Sleep? Sleep is getting harder and harder.  I tend to take pretty long evening naps nowadays since it's hard to get comfortable enough to sleep through the night.  Everyone tends to ask if it's because I have to pee so many times during the night and the answer is no, I usually only get up once very late into the night to pee.  I always wake up anytime I move because my pelvic bones get so stiff.

Miss anything?  Cuddling with John on the couch; my belly is entirely too big for that now.

Cravings? Lucky Charms are still topping the cravings list again this week.  Also cranberries.  And Dr Pepper, some days I've not been able to stop at one can but I forced myself to stop after two.  Today we had chicken for lunch and I wanted it dipped in sour cream.

Anything make you queasy or sick? The thought of getting Jaxon out is starting to make me queasy but in terms of actually being sick or queasy, there's nothing that does that.

Symptoms? Pelvic pain is back and in full force.

Belly button - In or out? It's poking out a little more this week

Wedding rings - on or off? I finally took them off.  John was getting nervous that if something happened they'd have to cut them off.  I can't wait to have them back on!

Any movement? He's been trying his best to stretch out and get comfortable but the last two days getting comfortable seems impossible for me and him.  Sorry Jaxon, God blessed me with several things but a long torso was not one of them!

Happy or moody? It's been a trying week….

What emotions have you been experiencing this week? I've had such a trying time this week, his size along with the extra pregnancy pounds have been increasingly getting more uncomfortable by the hour it seems like.  I'm not one to cry but last night I was so miserable I could've bawled for hours if I would've let myself. Just moving my leg the slightest would set off the most horrible pelvic pain.

Looking forward to - Seeing his face and holding him for the first time!  We are so antsy to have him here!

Week 35 Fun Fact - Jaxon's immune system and nervous system is still maturing and he's continuing to add fat that he'll need to regulate his body temperature.  Everything else from his toenails to the hairs on his head are all completely formed.  If born at this stage, there's a 99% chance of survival!






This past week has been pretty eventful and busy.  I finally finished his adjustable crib skirt and got the furniture arranged in his room to allow for maximum space.  It still looks so cramped in there but I think it will be better once we get everything organized and put away.  The final touches should be added this coming week once I get his curtains and the wall art finished up.  John also got his carseat base/carseat put into the car.  Yay, now we can [legally] bring him home once he's here!  I also started getting things prepared for the hospital.  It's not in a suitcase or bag yet, but there's a little pile next to the suitcase.  I just can't bring myself to put it in there just yet.  I keep thinking that if I don't pack it, delivery day won't come.  Yes, I know, I delusional.

After the tumor was removed
What's that gross thing on your back?  Oh it's just a pregnancy tumor.  What?  Yeah, I'd never heard of such a thing either.  I had a spot on my back that in about 6 weeks time went from the size of a tiny pimple to bigger than my fingertip.  It wasn't pleasant looking at all either.  So embarrassing.  If I left it uncovered it usually hardened and but looked super gross and if I covered it with a bandaid the top would fall off and it would be oozing.  Neither of which were attractive or what I wanted on my back so I ended up at the dermatologist where it was cut out and sent off for a biopsy.  Luckily, the biopsy was negative but it was still considered a pregnancy tumor nonetheless. I've decided that if there's an oddity to be add during pregnancy that I'm sure to get it!  First "broken crotch" now a pregnancy tumor what's left?  There's still time for something else…haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment