Monday, February 17, 2014

24 Weeks

How far along? 24 weeks

Weight gain? 21lbs last week but I haven't stepped on the scale this week

Baby is the size of - a cantaloupe

Stretch marks? I'm really liking how the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Massage Lotion makes my skin feel!  Still in the clear when it comes to stretch marks

Sleep? At 4:10am this morning Jaxon decided that he was going to party till the sun came up and boy did he ever!  I'm pretty certain he wanted me to know just how much he was growing and how far he could stretch out!  No sleep for me and this has been the story every night this week.

Miss anything? Sleep!  Everyone says, "sleep as much as you can before the baby arrives."  Have those people actually carried a night owl in their womb that say this?!

Cravings? My appetite was off and on this week.  A lot of times I knew I needed to eat but I just wasn't hungry.  When I do crave anything it's typically fruit of some sort .  The cravings for Dr Pepper have kicked up this week and I've tried to control those cravings but same days, it's impossible!

Anything make you queasy or sick? Still the thought of the glucose test, have I mentioned I'm really dreading that?!  I've considering myself really lucky because nothing has made me sick at all so far!

Symptoms?  Just my broken crotch….I think that's symptom enough right there!

Belly button - in or out? It's flat now

Wedding rings - on or off? Still keeping my sparklers on although I may have to part with them for a bit so they can get some TLC in the sonic cleaner.  All this lotion is starting to take their shine.

Any movement? TONS.  He's such a night owl though (guess he takes after his mama).  He doesn't liked anything to be close to me in "his" area.  He really gets to kicking if he feels anything up against me.  Sorry Jaxon, mama wasn't taking the support band off yesterday while we were at Biltmore regardless of how much you protested!  Haha!

Happy or moody? Happy for the most part.  I just cannot tell you enough how much I just LOVE unsolicited advice though, always gets my blood flowing.  I'm learning to ignore some people's comments and "advice."

What emotions have you been experiencing this week?  This week I've not been as hard on myself as I was last week.  I'm getting more and more into a panic over us having to buy last minute purchases because I've been told so many times that "no one shops from your registry."  It's really causing me to panic because if you know me, you know that I like to have a plan and I like to be prepared.  I may start buying some of the "have to have" items off of the list. 

Looking forward to -  Getting Jaxon's room going and flowing.  We started it weeks ago but it seems like things have been so busy or we've been so tired by the end of our days that we haven't kept up the momentum.  After lots of thought last night and all day today, we are making some changes to bedding we picked previously.  It's still going with a sports themed room but this mama-to-be needs to knock the dust off the sewing machine and get busy!



Interesting week 24 fact - The fetus develops waking and sleeping patterns (oh no…our babysitter will be happy and we will be zombie-like parents; I pray this pattern doesn't keep up).  Jaxon's hand and footprints are forming.  



We had lots of snow this past week so we got out and enjoyed it for a bit.  John and I set up the camera and took some of us together since we hardly have any bump pictures with the both of us.  Here's a few of our fun in the snow pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment