Monday, February 10, 2014

23 Weeks… A House Hermit with a Broken Crotch

How far along? 23 weeks

Weight gain? 21lbs

Baby is the size of - a grapefruit

Stretch marks? None showing up but I have ordered some Palmer's Cocoa Butter Massage Lotion  Maybe I'll get lucky and get a massage from the hubs once it gets here!  ;)

Sleep? I.CAN'T.GET.ENOUGH

Miss anything? Getting out!  With me working from home every week now (until the flu clears from the office) I feel like a hermit.  It's amazing how much better I feel when I get out and do something.  John and I have both notice how being closed up is taking a toll on me so we are going to start making more of an effort at getting me out of the house, even during the work week.

Cravings? Anything fruity and sweet

Anything make you queasy or sick? Just the thought of my upcoming glucose tolerance test at the end of this month.  Have I told you how much I hate needles?!  Yes, I know, please don't state that I will have to get over that before delivery day or I will quickly tell you that NO I won't but it's not like I have a choice other than to deal with it and try not to pass out!

Symptoms?  So after several questions last .  
week I'll go ahead and state what might've been the obvious to some, I feel like I've been sucker punched in the crotch.  Seriously and not over exaggerating.  It's uncomfortable to sit or stand for long periods of time and rolling over in bed at night even hurts!  Thanks to trusty ole Google (and professional advice from my OB) there is not a ninja sucker punching in the vagina it is simply stretching…"simply"…bahahaha.  This is called Broken Crotch Syndrome, aka SPD.  It is pain that occurs because our pelvis is separating to accommodate the baby and assisting with labour.  Your pelvis is made of 2 halves and as your pregnancy progresses, your body produces more relaxin which allows your ligaments and joints to shift and open and stretch.  It can cause inflammation and pain

Belly button - in or out? It's flattening more and more out by the day!

Wedding rings - on or off? On, although they are starting to get snug at times.

Any movement? This has been the first week that I've had a mini panic over not feeling Jaxon.  He's been so active the past few weeks I expect to feel him all the time now so when he decided to be a little bear and hibernate, I flipped out a little.  No worries though, he's back to beating up my innards.  

Happy or moody? I've had my moody moments this past week.  I think it's mostly due to the fact that this is the third straight week working strictly from home and I'm starting to feel like a house hermit.  For days on end, I don't even leave the house.  So ready for warmer weather so I could at least get out and enjoy some fresh air and even a walk.

What emotions have you been experiencing this week?  This week was one of those weeks were the reality of it all hit me.  Knowing that in less than 4 months, we will be parents.  I'm excited but absolutely terrified all at the same time!  The past two years have brought so much change in our lives, all happy of course!  Blame it on hormones or just fear, I beat myself up with thoughts this past week.

Looking forward to -  Warmer weather… I long for either a warm weather vacation or warmer weather here.

Interesting week 23 fact - The testicles begin to descend from the abdomen into the groin.  His eyes are formed but there is no pigmentation. This week Jaxon will begin to pack on the pounds (so will I).  By the months end, he will have doubled in weight (thank God I won't be doubling in weight)!



On the move…  my placenta that is!  We had our checkup visit with the OB on Wednesday.  I wasn't worried about it until the day of the appointment, then I started thinking of all the "what ifs'."  The thought of bed rest was weighing heavy on my mind.  While some days I wouldn't mind at all to lay in bed all day long, it's different to be told you have no choice.  Although the ultrasound tech couldn't tell us anything we both knew before the doctor came in to confirm that the placenta had moved.  We were praying for a minimum of 1/2cm but the actual movement was 4cm!  The doctor told us we are completely in the clear where that is concerned and it will no longer have to be monitored.  Thank God!

The appointment really got me to thinking about what I wanted in terms of a birth plan.  I'd never even thought about how I wanted the day to flow. My only plan was the safest way possible for Jaxon to make his appearance, that was my plan and it still is.  But, I wanted to know my options, I wanted to know why some women seems to have such a lengthy birth plan.  After all, you are just going to the hospital and pushing a baby out or delivery via c-section, right?!  Wrong!  Boy was I ever wrong.  I started looking up different birth plan templates and let me tell you, there's A LOT to think about!  A LOT!  I'll keep you updated on some of the decisions we make when it comes to some of the things that were pointed on by looking up these plans.  One decision I can tell you that is already made is yes, I want drugs!  I can also tell you that I am not hellbent on having a vaginal birth.  I don't understand why some mothers beat themselves up because "they couldn't do it" and they had to have a c-section and they label themselves as a failure.  In my opinion (keep the claws back, it's MY opinion), you are more of a failure for being so hellbent on delivering your child that you put yourself and your child at risk.  As I said before, I will keep you updated on our birth plan.  I do say "ours" because although I may be birthing the baby, John has a say in this as well!







No comments:

Post a Comment