Sunday, February 3, 2013

Raspberry & Creme Swirl Fudge

With John being in Afghanistan, I'm always looking for new things to fix and send to him.  I've fixed so many different kinds of cake batter cookies that I'm sure he is ready for something other than a cookie.  Being the Pinterest addict that I am, I've found dozens of interesting and new ideas.  I've fixed him mini caramel pies, pretzel/kisses/m&m's, brownies, chocolate dipped peanut butter Ritz crackers and seasoned oyster crackers; but, I wanted something I created, something to call MINE.  After a little time in the kitchen and playing around I came up with a recipe for raspberry & creme swirl fudge.  Hope you all enjoy as much as I do (and hopefully John too)!
I just have to show off my hand etched baking dish!  My sister-in-law, Heather, created this for me for Christmas.  I absolutely love it and love it even more each time I look at it!  Thank you Heather!

Raspberry & Creme Swirl Fudge

Ingredients
2 & 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 stick butter, cubed
1 pkg white chocolate baking chips
1 jar (7oz) marshmallow creme
3/4 tsp raspberry oil
Wilton Red-Red food coloring



Directions
Line a 9x13in pan with foil and spray with cooking spray, set aside.  In a medium saucepan, heat butter, evaporated milk and gradually add sugar until sugar is dissolved.  *I like to heat the butter and evaporated milk to the point the butter is melted this way the sugar dissolves easily.  Once sugar is dissolved, slowly bring the mixture to a boil.  Remember that sugar, even when dissolved can scorch quickly, stir continuously.  Once boiling point is reached, boil for 4 minutes (keep stirring).  Remove from heat and add baking chips and marshmallow creme (the quicker you do this step after boiling, the easier it will be).
Set aside one cup of the mixture.  In the remaining mixture add the raspberry oil and food coloring.  In this step I prefer to just stick a butter knife into the jar of food coloring and then stir the mixture with the knife (hey, I never claimed to be a trained chef).  Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.  Pour the reserved mixture (the one you set aside earlier) over the top.  Cut through the mixture with a knife to swirl.  Cover and refrigerate until fudge has set.
Remove fudge from pan, discard foil and place fudge on a clean cutting surface.  Cut fudge into 1-inch squares.  Store in an airtight container.  Yields about 2 1/2 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment