Monday, April 21, 2014

33 Weeks

How far along? 33 weeks

Weight gain? 36 lbs as of last week.  I haven't been on the scales this week.

Baby is the size of - a durian fruit, 4.2-5.8lbs

Stretch marks? None! Yay!

Sleep? Sleep wasn't easy this week.  I'd lay down and my upper back would hurt and once I'd finally get to sleep I'd wake up any time I'd move from pelvic pain.  Whoever said, "sleep before the baby gets here" obviously didn't have these issues! There is no sleep.

Miss anything?  Nothing new to add this week

Cravings? I've had quite the desire for Easter candy this week...can't imagine why...

Anything make you queasy or sick? Not until today.  I've had an upset stomach all day.  Hoping that it's not the beginnings of preterm labor.

Symptoms?  This week the uncomfortable factor has been uped along with upper back pain.  The back pain comes mostly at night when I lay down.  It's not pleasant at all. 

Belly button - In or out?  It's starting to poke out.

Wedding rings - on or off? I've had to take them off some this week.  They are pretty snug but I'm not a fan of having to take them off.  While at home, I've not worn them as much but I always try to wear them anytime I'm out.  The worst-case senerio keeps playing through my mind and all I can think is that if an emergency does happen they won't take the time to lotion up my finger to get them off, they'll just cut them off.  I know, I'm a bit crazy but I think of all the possibilities!

Any movement? Not as much, which is normal at this stage, but when he does move....OUCH!  John actually got to see Jaxon shake my whole entire belly this week and yes, it was as uncomfortable as it looked!

Happy or moody? It's been a happy week.  The uncomfortable factor has been upped this week but overall, it's been a happy week.

What emotions have you been experiencing this week? Excitement!  We had two baby showers this week, it's hard to be a constant worry wart about delivery day with all that going on....but it still crosses my mind and absolutely freaks me out from time to time.

Looking forward to -  Honestly?  A couple a hours of uninterupted pain-free sleep! 

Week 33 Fun Fact -  Although Jaxon's bones are continuing to harden, the bones in his skull aren't fusing together.  This makes it easier for him to fit through the birth canal (...that's great, but what about those shoulders as well...).  The skull bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as the brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.


We had not one but two showers this week!  My coworkers held one for me and another expecting coworker and then we had a family and friends shower at the church!  We were completely overwhelmed by both of them!  I may be sorting and organizing for weeks and there are no amount of words that could express how grateful we are!  Jaxon is going to be one spoiled and loved little fella!

I will elaborate more on our showers at a later since I'm feeling so rough tonight I'm going to call it a night.  But for now, here are a few pictures from the showers….







No comments:

Post a Comment