Monday, April 14, 2014

32 Weeks


How far along? 32 weeks

Weight gain? 36 lbs

Baby is the size of - a squash

Stretch marks? None!  Yay!

Sleep? Sleep is still hit or miss, but with this belly I can't expect every night to be blissful and dream filled.

Miss anything?  I outgrew my pre-pregnancy bra collection weeks ago but now I'm limited on underwear too?!  Seriously?!

Cravings? This week it's been Lucky Charms.  They seriously are beyond magically delicious!

Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope!

Symptoms?  Nothing new this week.  I did have to work in the office this past week.  I made it 2.5 days out of 4, I feel like that was an accomplishment considering how bad I swell every time I step into the building! The picture shows how bad the swelling was after just one day in the office!  It isn't nearly as painful as it looks but it's definitely not comfortable and when my blood pressure elevates as well, it causes me to worry.  But, the OB doesn't seem overly concerned and has instructed me to keep my BP in check and unless it gets too high just to write the swelling off as "normal."

Belly button - In or out?  Mostly flat but there are some parts that are starting to poke out pretty bad.

Wedding rings - on or off? They are still on!

Any movement? He's still been pretty active.  When he's not active, he's pressing constantly as hard as
he can against my belly and side, which is very uncomfortable at times!

Happy or moody? It's been a happy week!  More sunshine was forecasted this week and the weather has been beautiful!

What emotions have you been experiencing this week?  Excitement!  We will be welcoming Jaxon in 8 weeks, give or take, and we can't be more excited to meet him!

Looking forward to -  This coming week, we have not one but two baby showers this week!  We are really excited and hope our friends and family are just as excited to celebrate with us!

Week 32 Fun Fact -  Jaxon is still gaining roughly half a pound a week.  He'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb.  He now has toenails, fingernails and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz)  His skin is also becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.
This week has been such a busy week.  It seems like there's been no downtime at all and I feel like I've hardly got to spend any time with John.  Since he's started working at his new job, the weeks that I go into the office, I never see him except for when I kiss him good day in the mornings before I head out the door.  I miss him lots during weeks like that! 

I had a checkup this week with the OB.  I'm beginning to really hate having to pee in a cup at every appointment.  I swear I end up with more pee on my hand than in the cup!  Everything looked great and his heartbeat sounds strong!  She told me I was definitely "all baby" after measuring me.  (Dear  God, please PLEASE let him be super long and slender with skinny shoulders)

On Sunday we met up with one of our friends for some maternity pictures.  I can't wait to see them and share them with everyone!  I did take my camera with us (like I could ever leave that thing at home) so I'd have a few to post on the blog now.  I'll share the ones from Kristen's camera soon! 






No comments:

Post a Comment