Monday, January 27, 2014

21 Weeks

How far along? 21 weeks

Weight gain? Haven't stepped on a scale in two weeks

Baby is the size of - a pomegranate in size and a large banana in length

Maternity clothes? two words = LOVE THEM.  I find it to be pretty amusing to put on my pre pregnancy t-shirts now, they definitely show off the bump!

Stretch marks? Still in the clear when it comes to stretch marks…now if only the noticeable cellulite would pump the breaks.  Not very appealing at all!

Sleep?  Sleep was harder this past week.  I've been waking up nightly between 4 & 5am to get up to go to the bathroom.  Rolling over is also quite the task, even more so when you are between a sleeping husband and dog!  I try not to disrupt John's sleep; but there's no hope with Okie, I'll just say he's not a fan of the restless nights and leave it at that!

Miss anything? Being able to move around a lot without getting light headed or winded!

Cravings? We were on our way to Asheville yesterday and on the way I had a huge craving for Chili's Spicy Shrimp Tacos.  Yummy!!!  And berries are high on the desired list as well.

Anything make you queasy or sick? Negative

Symptoms?  It's getting harder to breath daily.  I knew this would probably hit sooner than later with my past problems but shesh, I would love to walk upstairs without feeling like I've just finished a gym workout!

Belly button - in or out? It's flattening more and more out by the day!

Wedding rings - on or off? ON!

Any movement? Oh yes, this week Jaxon has decided he's going to start training to be a ninja fighter and he was nonstop working on his kicks!  (I'm seriously going to miss this feeling once he's here)

Happy or moody? Happy with a side of moodiness…. Hey, everyone is entitled to those moments, pregnant or not!

Looking forward to -  Our appointment next week.  We find out if my placenta has moved up to where it should be.  Praying that it has but not wasting time with worrying over it.  If it does, wonderful; if it doesn't, there's nothing that can be done to change the fact!

Interesting week 21 fact -  Jaxon now swallows several ounces of amniotic fluid each day (sounds delightful doesn't it?) -not only for hydration and nutrition, but also to practicing swallowing and digesting.  His taste buds are well developed by now and he's actually able to get a taste of the foods I've been eating.  I hope he enjoyed those spicy shrimp tacos and chocolate lava cake!  


This week has been pretty laid back, thank goodness.  The headaches have eased off drastically, although I have pains from time to time but nothing like the ones in the past.  On Saturday we took a little road trip to Knoxville.  I was admittedly a nervous wreck leaving out of here because the snow was coming down but I'm glad we went.  We saw some absolutely breathtaking walls of icicles on the way.  We ate at my favorite, Calhoun's, and then we went to the mall.  All I can say is Lord help us, our boy is going to be S-P-O-I-L-E-D!  I don't think I've ever spent as much on myself in one mall trip as I did on him.  Can't wait to dress him up in all his adorable duds!  
Just a few of the things we couldn't resist buying 














We started filling the holes and sanding and repairing the walls in Jaxon's room in preparation for new paint on Sunday.  We made a trip to Babies R Us as well to make a final decision on the crib bedding.  There's so many choices, but since we had a theme it was pretty much narrowed down to a slim few.  I'm so excited to see how his room will look once we have it complete!  

The date for the baby shower has been set for April 19th.  It's so much fun to see how excited my family and lifelong bestfriend are getting over the planning!  They have so many great ideas and it's going to be an absolute blast!  


What a snowing week we had!  It really did look like a winter wonderland around here!


Okie liked the snow until the ground was completely covered



No comments:

Post a Comment