Sunday, March 16, 2014

28 Weeks


How far along? 28 weeks

Weight gain? 32lbs

Baby is the size of - an eggplant

Stretch marks? No stretch marks that I have found but when I look in the mirror and see how large my belly has gotten, I'm in complete amazement that I'm not covered in them!

Sleep? Sleep has been pretty good this week other than the moments when I try to roll over or reposition myself.  Ouch!

Miss anything? Nothing new to add to the list this week

Cravings? Calhoun's (my favorite restaurant).  Knowing that we were going to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg on Saturday, I craved Calhoun's.

Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope!

Symptoms?  The beyond painful broken crotch.  Ouch!  I eat Tums like candy now.  This past week I went in to work in the office by the end of my second day there, I looked like I was carrying water sacks around my ankles.  My legs were even swollen, the left leg more so than the right.

Belly button - In or out?  Flat

Wedding rings - on or off? They are still on!

Any movement? Lots & lots!

Happy or moody? The first part of week 28 started out pretty sad, but after seeing Jaxon during our ultrasound it's hard to be anything but happy!

What emotions have you been experiencing this week?  The first few days of the 28th week were upsetting for me.  With the swollen ankles and legs it was hard not to get discouraged.  Everything had been going so well and then I turn into a marshmallow!

Looking forward to -  Meeting our handsome little man!  After seeing him during our 3D/4D ultrasound, we cannot wait to meet him!  He's such a little cutie!  He's already melted our hearts!

Week 28 Fun Fact -  The brain will increase 400-500% in weight between now and delivery.  Jaxon can now taste, smell and also produce tears. His body fat is around 2-3% currently.


This past week, we had a 3D/4D ultrasound to see our little mister.  It was beyond exciting to see him in such detail.  He had his legs above his head the whole entire time!  He smiled lots and he has the absolute sweetest little smile!  He likes to play with and suck on his cord.  We found out his estimated weight, according to his measurements, is 2lbs and 10ozs. He's got longer than average legs, which is no surprise considering how long his daddy's legs are!  The office that we used offers to have your baby's heartbeat recorded and put inside a stuffed animal, of course, we couldn't resist! Our experience was indescribable and I'd definitely recommend having a 3D/4D ultrasound.

Yesterday we took a trip to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg with my mom and niece, Tabitha.  It was a great trip and it was so nice to get out and walk around in the sunshine, even if it did hurt from time to time.  We walked 3.4 miles yesterday and surprisingly, my body doesn't feel like it's been completely beat up today!  Little did we know that when we got to Gatlinburg that there was a Clause Fest going on.  Who would've thought that you'd see 350 Santas and hear "Merry Christmas" in March?!?  It was also where I had the first stranger ever approached me and touched my belly.  It was one of the Santas and he came up and put his ear against my belly!  Ummmm….that really took me by surprise to say the least!

We cannot wait to meet Jaxon in June!




28 weeks 2 days 3D/4D ultrasound
28 weeks 2 days 3D/4D ultrasound

No comments:

Post a Comment